FREE JOB PLACEMENT BY TEACHER TECH
Since 2001, Teacher Tech has been successfully providing South Korea’s top private language schools (referred as hagwons) with competent English teachers.
Teacher Tech will place you in a professional teaching environment that offers a standard curriculum, quality professional development, small class sizes, supportive management, and the opportunity to work with both native speaker and non-native speaker teachers.
EXCLUSIVE JOB PLACEMENT SERVICE IN SOUTH KOREA
Teacher Tech has exclusive recruitment agreements with top hagwons in South Korea. This means that a large percentage of the jobs they recruit for are never advertised elsewhere.
GET JOB PLACEMENT IN THE CITY YOU WANT!
You can apply for private school jobs in Seoul and surrounding area, Incheon, Daegu, Daejeon, Gwangju , Changwon, Jenju, Cheonan, Pohang, Naju, Wonju, Chuncheon, Yangsan and Jeju Island.
APPLY ALL YEAR ROUND!
Hagwons provide more flexibility because the private market has openings throughout the year and applicants are able to apply for as many positions as needed in order to find the best fit.
Earn 2.1-2.5 million Won per month plus benefits such as furnished apartment, airfare, medical insurance, and more!
PERSONALIZED JOB PLACEMENT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE!
Teacher Tech’s placement service is free to candidates and includes the services listed below. These services provide candidates with the tools they need to find the best possible position for their journey to South Korea.
During the consultation phase a representative of Teacher Tech will assess your qualifications, preferences, background, and career goals. Based on your personalized profile we create a plan for your job search.
Based on her e-book, Native Speakers Wanted: Resources for Teaching English Abroad, Madeline Moon (founder of Teacher Tech) will assist each candidate in writing a professional resume tailored to the Korean context. All applicants will get a free copy of the e-book as well as Madeline’s help in finalizing and polishing the resume.
Successful interviewing is a learnable skill, and applicants will receive assistance in navigating the unique cultural and professional complexities of interviewing with schools in Korea. Interview preparation includes an explanation of the priorities of employers as well as coaching, rehearsing, and evaluating answers to sample questions.
Once a job offer is made, Teacher Tech will make sure all questions are answered, so that each applicant understands the contract. Also, in order to be more comfortable with the employer, all teachers will be able to contact a current native speaker teacher at the school.
Teacher Tech will also walk you through all phases of the visa process, including an explanation of and assistance in completing required visa documents.
Teacher Tech arranges and pays for teachers’ airfare to Korea.
Teachers receive training before teaching (normally one week).
- General English teaching, including the four basic skills of teaching: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Preparing lesson plans, assign and correct homework, grading and evaluating students.
- Assisting the development of educational programs and materials.
- Participating in staff meetings and training
- Assisting with activities related to English language education and other extracurricular activities.
- One Year Contract/ 12 month, E-2 visa. Though the visa expires after one year, it is renewable upon agreement between the school and the teacher.
- Salary of 2.1 to 2.5 million Won (2,000 to 2,300 USD; 2,500 to 3,000 CAD) per month.
- Income tax and retirement taxes will be deducted from the salary according to Korean tax laws (Currently 3-6% graduated depending on salary). During your residence in Korea, you will not be responsible for U.S. or Canadian income taxes.
- Prepaid airfare to Korea, A one-way economy class ticket to Korea will be provided so that the new teacher can travel to Korea without incurring the expense of airfare. Smaller cities provide round trip ticket
- Airport pick up or pick up at the final destination
- Overtime Pay
- Bonus paid at completion of contract, equivalent to one month’s salary
- Rent free furnished housing
- Medical Insurance
- National Pension Plan
- Two weeks of paid vacation per year plus Korean national holidays are provided for teachers. There are normally 16 national holidays per year.
- Because it all depends on one’s lifestyle, Teacher Tech does not promise the exact amount teachers may save. However, through reasonable spending, most of teachers are able to save from one half to one third of their salaries. Also, after successful completion of the contract, teachers receive one month extra salary and reimbursement from the national pension plan. Combining the end of contract bonus with savings from throughout the year, teachers are usually able to save between 13 and 17 million won per year.
- The typical Schedule is Monday through Friday, approximately 25 to 30 teaching hours per week.
Teachers are expected to spend some time at school preparing for classes or assisting in other non-teaching activities. For Kindergarten through younger elementary, the daily schedule will most likely be 9:00 AM to 5:00 or 6:00 PM. For the elementary and Junior high programs, the daily schedule will most likely be either 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM, or 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Native Speaker of English. You must be a citizen of one of following countries: United States, Canada.
- Bachelors Degree in any field. You must hold a standard 3 or 4 year Degree from any accredited college.
- TESOL Certificate. A 120-hour TESOL certificate is preferred.
- Criminal Record Check. To work legally as an English teacher in Korea, you must be free of any criminal record.
- Health Conditions. Applicants should be both mentally and physically healthy. Upon arrival in Korea, all new employees must undergo a physical checkup, which includes both drug and AIDS testing.
- Ability to relocate to Korea is essential.
- Be friendly and willing to learn. Personality and attitude are major factors for consideration and success in this job. An ideal candidate should be flexible, patient, friendly, and have a sense of adventure.