250-hour TESOL diploma
Online Course Recognized by
TESL Canada Professional Standard 2
Recommended by School Directors Worldwide!
- Internationally recognized
- Fully online!
- Self-paced and semi-asynchronous options
- Personal tutor approved by TESL Canada
- Pre-recorded video tutorials, task-integrated ESL class observations, and lab preparation videos
- Optional 10-hour Live Workshop via Zoom
- Free job assistance
- Includes all course material (printable/online/mobile)
- Optional and separate 50-hour Practicum
Recommended for Experienced ESL / English Teachers
The 250-hour TESOL Diploma provides a greater understanding of Communicative Language Teaching (CLT) methods and their impact on ESL curricula.
This accredited online TESOL course is highly recommended for experienced ESL teachers looking to qualify for career advancement opportunities as school director, curriculum coordinator, IELTS / TOEFL exam preparation teacher, college / university teacher, and other positions that prefer TESL Canada Professional Standard 2 certification.
International Recognized TESOL Certification
This course has been evaluated and accredited by TESL Canada; a separate and independent accrediting body.
250-hour TESOL Diploma
Upon successful completion of all exams, tasks, and assignments, you will receive a 250-hour TESOL Diploma and a transcript with your marks awarded by Coventry House International – OnTESOL in Toronto, Canada.
TESL Canada Professional Standard 2
Graduates who complete the 50-hour Practicum, have a university degree, and are native English speakers (non-native speakers must get a valid proficiency score) are eligible for TESL Canada Professional Standard 2 certification.
TESOL Diploma Syllabus:
There are a total of 2 exams, 20 assignments, and 7 tasks in this course.
Duration: The online 250-hour TESOL Diploma program was designed for trainees who need to take a TESOL certification course at their own pace in order to meet other work or study commitments. You can enroll any time and the course will be activated within 24 business hours. The minimum time necessary to complete this course is 2 months. The maximum time given to complete this course is 8 months.
After completing this module, you will understand complex grammar structures and be able to:
- Identify common students’ mistakes.
- Answer students’ grammar questions.
- Produce effective grammar lesson plans at different levels in the methodology module.
This module will take you through all the stages of planning and delivering effective ESL lessons. It will provide you with the ability to:
- Evaluate and use various approaches within the Communicative Language Teaching method (Communicative Approach, Integrated Skills, and Task-based Learning) for teaching grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, speaking, writing, listening, and reading lessons.
- Use different lesson planning models (PPP, ESA, TTT, and TBL) for different ESL levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, etc.).
- Supplement or fully replace the ESL textbook using authentic material and improve the curriculum with lesson plans that meet your students’ needs.
- Reflect on different testing and assessment strategies.
Gain an in-depth understanding of phonological features (articulation of sounds, linking sounds, intonation, assimilation, elision, etc.) to be able to identify students’ pronunciation problems and use various techniques to correct students’ oral mistakes.
How it Works
The 250-hour TESOL Diploma program is a self-paced, asynchronous online TESOL course. Study at your own pace during the 8-month deadline.
A personal tutor will be assigned to answer your questions, correct your assignments, and provide you with valuable feedback. The TESOL certificate will be issued on completion of all exams and assignments.
The semi-asynchronous option allows you to progress through the TESOL Diploma at your own pace and schedule the next available live workshop when you reach the methodology chapter covered in the session.
Add the live 10-hour Lesson Planning Workshop to your online TESOL course for a more interactive learning experience. The 10-hour workshop consists of a series of 4 live sessions dedicated to the most important lab assignments in the methodology module. Attendance to the live workshops is not mandatory to complete the TESOL Diploma program.