TESL Canada Certification: Standard 1 and 2
Get The Best Training and Qualify for The Best Jobs with TESL Canada Accreditation!
The online 250-hour TESOL Diploma program is recognized by TESL Canada for their Professional Standard 2 accreditation on completion of a separate 20-hour Practicum. This program is perfect for teachers who want to be better prepared for career advancement opportunities such as school director, curriculum developer, IELTS examiner, or university professor. Teaching experience is not required.
Upon successful completion of all exams, tasks, and assignments, you will receive a certificate awarded by Coventry House International-OnTESOL. Candidates interested in applying for TESL Canada Professional Standard 2 certification must complete the following requirements:
- Minimum age: 21
- University degree: Students without a university degree can still enroll in the Advanced 120-hour TESOL Certificate program or the 250-hour TESOL Diploma and receive the certificate awarded by Coventry House International-Ontesol upon successful completion of the program, but they are informed that they need to complete an undergraduate degree from Canada or its equivalency before applying for TESL Canada Professional Standard 2 certification. Candidates who completed their degree outside Canada can enroll in a TESL Canada recognized program, but they are informed that they must obtain the Canadian equivalency document before applying for TESL Canada accreditation.
- Candidates must have an awareness of spoken language and competence in English, both written and spoken that enables them to follow the course.
- Non-native speakers who have not completed a university degree in an English speaking country are eligible to take the Advanced TESOL Certificate or TESOL Diploma program, but they are informed that they must obtain a valid English Proficiency Score. From October 1st, 2015 onward TESL Canada will accept only IELTS Academic (Overall 7 with a minimum of 7 in each skill area) and TOEFL iBT (Overall 101 with a minimum of 23 in Listening, 24 in Reading, 27 in Speaking and 27 in Writing).
- A 20-hour practicum MUST be completed to be eligible for TESL Canada accreditation.
- New ESL teachers: Get the best level of training you can get from the very beginning! A TESL Canada Standard 1 program is equivalent to CELTA and Trinity CertTESOL wordlwide. TESL Canada accreditation is open to native speakers from Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. Non-native speakers who have a high level of English language proficiency may also apply.
- Experienced ESL teachers: Upgrade your credentials and pursue greater career opportunities! Study online and save on the Practicum fee by completing it at the school you work at.
- Experienced Canadian teachers returning from teaching abroad: Get the credentials you need to teach English in Canada. You can start the program online and finish while you fulfill your contract abroad. You may also complete the Practicum abroad if the supervising teacher and classes meet the requirements.
- Canadian ESL teachers going abroad: Get the training and credentials you need to teach English in Canada and abroad. Go abroad with an online TESOL certificate or TESOL Diploma and complete the Practicum when you want to become eligible for TESL Canada accreditation! There isn’t a deadline to complete the Practicum, so you can take it before leaving, while teaching abroad, or after returning home.
Below you will find sample videos on Communicative Language Teaching, using authentic material, teaching integrated skills, and teaching grammar.